This course is designed for people with an intellectual disability or a permanent cognitive impairment.
The course assists learners to develop life skills and supports self-development so that they can explore suitable future options such as employment, further study or community participation.
This course enables learners to develop the skills and knowledge to:
- Identify personal goals for community participant or further learning.
- Develop independent living skills to participate in activities in the community.
- Identify information and resources about everyday activities such as travel, wellbeing
- and participation in recreational activities.
- Identify rights and responsibilities as community members.
- Develop a personal plan to explore different options.
- Access information and resources to support independent living skills and activities.
- Apply strategies for self-development including participation in interpersonal relationships.
- Use technology to access information and resources to support independent living skills and activities.
This course can also be undertaken within Stepping Forward to Independence Program for young people with a mild cognitive impairment or intellectual disability. For details see Stepping Forward to Independence Program.